CSS problems with your program

I tried to do the CSS section and from the start, the colors need to be changed so I changed them to red or blue or whatever and even used the forum to verify my answers tried to send out the problem on the forum and i’m being denied because i have to use the forum more? how do i fix your problems? the code i did was right and even found the right answers on the forum that matched my answers the text changed to the right color and all the other check boxes are selected but it fails me due to the color not being changed and yet it is… and it is the right answer style=“color: red”;
so I went to the next one and it asked me to make a style section and change it to blue did that too and still failed even though the text was the right color the formatting was correct and everything was accepted again but the color wasn’t blue this time. yet the on-screen color was blue the forum agreed that my code was correct and even went to the next page since it won’t let me pass that one and the same issue on each page I have encountered… any time it asks for the color to be changed it fails me. I have been coding in HTML for years my spelling sucks but my codes are correct and verified through your own forum and all the people I code with and they even get the same error on this problem… it has got to be a bug with your system since I can’t even send the code to get help… I’m using chrome on windows 10 pro

1 Like

Hi @digitaldankness,

I just tried this exercise: https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-css/change-the-color-of-text/

where I applied style="color: red;" to h2. I was able to pass the challenge.

In your description I see that style="color: red"; as the right answer. May be the misplaced semicolon is causing the issue.

right here it says to change the h2 in line to red this is my code it is red and it outputs red but the program fails me

<h2 style=“color: red;”>CatPhotoApp</h2>

there is my code that they will allow on here now tell me where the missplaced semicolon is?

This code looks good. I meant in your initial problem description

the code i did was right and even found the right answers on the forum that matched my answers the text changed to the right color and all the other check boxes are selected but it fails me due to the color not being changed and yet it is… and it is the right answer style=“color: red”;

That’s why I thought the semicolon might have been misplaced.

yea i’m pissed i cant do any of these and get the certification so i’m not typing straight but i did say i had people that have been coding for years verify that my code was right. it is their program that has an issue and i am trying to get them to fix the program or tell me what browser i have to use or why i cant do it but you can. i would like the certification that i know my skills but it is failing me and i want to know how to resolve it… I know my coding is correct i have a coder that has been coding for 10 years right here checking my work and verifying i am right and he was allowed to pass it with his laptop in chrome on windows 10 using my code but i cant

<style>

h2 {color:blue;}

</style>
next says make it its own element and make it blue heres my code and it works the test is blue it passes on every line in the test but it says the text isnt blue… and it is blue!

<style>

.red-text {

color: red;

}

</style>

<h2 class=“red-text”>CatPhotoApp</h2>
next it says make the h2 element have a class of red-text hers my code it passes all the check marks but in text supposeldy isnt red and it is!

and the next one change the first p tag to be red same issue i have the class as red-text and the text is red but the program says it isnt

<p class=“red-text”>Click here to view more <a href="#">cat photos</a>.</p>

ok solved the issue for me atleast all my codes were correct but i had to use firefox to pass it for some reason chrome isn’t working for me

You don’t need the challenges to get the certificate, you just need the projects in the last section of the curriculum for that certificate

For the tests not passing, there may be some tiny little mistakes that is making them not pass, or you could be using a browser that is not compatible with FreeCodeCamp

What browser are you using?

thanks i figured it out now that i downloaded firefox… i was using chrome but that’s good to know about the passing the challenges at the end i appreciate that.