Data Analysis with Python Projects - Medical Data Visualizer

Tell us what’s happening:
I’m having trouble running the project on replit. It stays completely frozen, First when the packages are being installed, it just never ends. If I cancel that process and run the program again, it stays completely idle and nothing happens. Nevertheless the CPU and RAM usage is at a maximum. Can you please help me? I haven’t had this issue before and I can’t keep moving forward with the projects. I’m sharing of an image of what I see, just in case.
Thanks!

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:107.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/107.0

Challenge: Data Analysis with Python Projects - Medical Data Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

Hello,

From what I saw, you are importing multiple Python modules. But you are not using many of those modules. So, even though you are not using them, since you imported them, they will stay in your RAM, ready to go at any moment.

I would recommend that you do not import modules if you do not need them. The modules that you should not import (for this program) are seaborn, matplotlib, and numpy.

As for the CPU usage, I do not know what is happening.

Okay, I understand what you’re saying, but when I import those same modules on, for instance, Vscode, it takes less than 2 seconds to import all that. Thus the problem must be something else.

Anyway, If I just run the project on replit (without importing any modules) the whole thing just freezes again, like in this picture:

notice that I wrote in lines 1 and 5 something which is wrong on purpose. But that’s not the point, the point is that the program just doesn’t run. I have experienced the same problem in another computer as well.

Sometimes when I hit the RUN button the platform get stuck with the installation and updating of packages, like we can see on the following image:

I don’t know if it’s not working anymore, because I left it be for several minutes and it doesn’t end the process. I suspect there’s a failure there because the installation is taking too long to complete. I think it is very unreasonable to need to wait more than a couple of minutes at most for the installation of these packages to complete. I’ll let that be for more time, but I think that not gonna fix the problem…

Thanks

Okay, I uploaded all my solution to the problem (which was first programmed and tested in Vscode) and when I run it on replit, I get an error about pandas’ importing

I don’t really know what’s going on, but at this time I want to ask if there’s any other way I can send the projects for you to verify them. Because the replit files are simply not working.
I’ve also finished the Page View Time Series Visualizer and almost have done the Sea Level Predictor, but I cannot pass them because of this problem.

Thanks again

See all the threads in the forums about issues on the python data analysis projects. You have to have a correct configuration and the correct dependencies and replit has to cooperate and your repl can’t be corrupted and so on. Your pandas import problem is the oft discussed dependency problem.

Try the advice in the other threads when replit isn’t busy and if that doesn’t work, post a link to the repl for further debugging.

Okay Jeremy, thanks. Tbh, I didn’t notice all those threads but I’ll look for them. I’ll get back if I need more help. I truly appreciate you have taken the time to answer me. Have a nice week!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.