Hello team

Wanted some feedbacks on my projects

Here are my projects…

https://codepen.io/swethaiyer/

Also wanted to undestand design vs Developer mindset

Pls guide if I need to fix existing code

Hi @swethaiyer26!

Welcome to the forum!

So I think there is a difference between being a designer and being a developer.

Some people have a naturally eye and talent of design while others don’t.

I think as long as your sites are responsive and the content can be easily read than you are fine.

You could also look at some design videos on youtube and practice there too.

The professionals on the forum will tell you that at their jobs they have designers that make everything looks beautiful.

So I would move onto javascript. You will have plenty of chances to continue working with html and css as you progress throughout the curriculum.

Thanks Jwikins
I feel I want to write amazing code. I am still struggling get hold of concepts like box model, flex , media queries. My css doesn’t bend to my needs and it often looks out of place. Any way for me to improve my css skills ??

Regards
Swetha

My advice is to focus on one concept at a time.

Let’s take flexbox for example.

Share a project where you used flexbox with the forum and ask for feedback.
Or you can ask specific questions about flexbox.

The more specific your questions are the more responses you will get.

You will also develop a targeted approach with getting better at certain concepts.

Welcome to the forums @swethaiyer26.
Designing is kind of hard. The main part of doing the RWD projects it to get them so that all user stories pass and to make them responsive. They don’t have to look like a professional did them. And as you learn and grow you can always come back and polish them up if you’d like.

I’ll give you some feedback on some of your projects. Some things you can revisit.

• First, please verify your email addr with codepen so we can see your pages full view.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mentioning because in some of your projects you have elements out of order. Rview this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • For all of your projects, run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors in each that you should be aware of and address.
  • On the survey form, user’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox
  • On both the survey form and prod page, change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Do not use in-line styling. Keep all your styling external.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • I can’t see your pages full view yet but it looks as though for the survey form and tech doc there’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens.

Clean those up and then have fun with JavaScript.

This is really good inputs. Jeez never knew these. Thanks a ton

1 Like