Difference between HTML & CSS

What is the difference between HTML and CSS

HTML stand for Hyper Text Markup Language. HTML marks up the contents of the site. Whereas CCS is stand for Cascading Style Sheet which provide the visual styling and layout for the webpage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Originally HTML existed without CSS. CSS was created to enable specification of style in a more professional manner. CSS is the acronym for Cascading Style Sheets. Cascading means that CSS modifies and enhances (cascades into) HTML.

In my opinion they could have and should have designed an entire new way to specify a user interface (UI) and for the UI to work with web programming better so that everything would be easier. It might be frustrating understanding how CSS works with HTML but it is what it is.

1 Like

Welcome @javedk. I’ll start by saying that this is something you can and should search for prior to asking on the forum.
FCC promotes the Read - Search - Ask method. Ask what you don’t understand rather than a broad question.

That said,
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is a descriptive language that specifies webpage structure.
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a declarative language that controls how webpages look in a browser.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I am sorry @Roma. You are absolutely right.
Next time I’ll keep in mind and post questions that are specific and also something that is not available on the web.
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.