Div element opening tag -Step 14 Learn CSS colours

Help! What’s wrong with my opening tags? Thanks

<div class="container">
      <div class="marker"></div>
      </div>

// running tests Your second new
div element should have an opening tag. Your second new
div element should have a closing tag. Your new div elements should be within the div with the class
container

. // tests completed:

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

“… add two more div elements”

If there was already one div marker element, and the instructions are asking you to add two more, my math says that there should be three div marker elements :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok…I suppose that’s a form of highlighting? Best practice, huh? Thanks, I’ll take that up next time…

Well yup…but 2 devs are within 1 dev,… right?

As I said in my earlier post, if there was already one div marker element, and the instructions are asking you to add two more, how many marker divs should there be inside of the container div?

In the container div , add two more div elements and give them each a class of marker .

<div class="container">
      </div>

I would reset the step to get the original HTML back. How many marker divs are already there? If you add two more marker divs, how many should you have inside the container div?

Oh ha ha, how could I not see that! The original had 2 marker divs originally!
Ok, so add 2 more to make 4! Here goes…

Thanks for the pointer!

Done!!! Thank you again, bbsmooth!