Doctype of an HTML document HALP AGAIN PLZ

Honestly have no idea what I am doing wrong here… I’ve wrapped a h1 element around <h/html> with my own text?

“Add a DOCTYPE tag for HTML5 to the top of the blank HTML document in the code editor. Under it, add opening and closing html tags, which wrap around an h1 element. The heading can include any text.”

**Your code so far**

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<h1> h.p. Lovecraft
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.51 Safari/537.36 Edg/99.0.1150.39

Challenge: Declare the Doctype of an HTML Document

Link to the challenge:

Hi @ApolloTurms !

Your problem is here

h1 tags have opening and closing tags.

Hope that helps!

Hello @ApolloTurms !
You started doing everything right. It’s ok that you’re having small problem and don’t know how to fix it. May be it’s because you don’t have prior experience and just started. It’s ok. I will try to help you solve this problem by giving some hints.

1. Read carefully theory and test part if you have an error.
  2. Google words or anything, which you don’t understand
  3. freecodecamp has some great videos on youtube you can watch them before doing tasks, here is the link Learn HTML5 and CSS3 From Scratch - Full Course - YouTube
  4. Just try it and don’t stress. It takes time
  5. There’s always something we don’t understand))) and it’s ok
    When I started I also had and still having some problems, but after sometime you will be able to solve problems very quickly. You brain needs to get used to new information.
    Almost forgot as it was mentioned before your problem is here:
<h1> h.p. Lovecraft

Oh god it is always the simplest thing that I am overlooking haha thankyou!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.