Ecommerce MERN stack done

Thanks man! After the quarantine I’ll be applying for a React developer job or a MERN stack job for sure.
Why do you say you would rather download a Wordpress template instead of doing the UI by your own? I’m curious.
Also your dashboard looks cool, I’m learning Chart.js just to add some graphics to my dashboard here and there.

As a beginner I use Bootstrap with Sass to personalize the page a little more, but yeah, Bootstrap has everything I need.

It s more like cross platform you can also use it with React and your app will also work on mobile devices. I came across Material UI Ionic and Ant but I didn’t have much time to have a look at all of them, I worked a bit with Material but their documentation is a bit weird, hard to understand and not much explained. I also saw Ant they had a big number of Stars on GitHub but I didn t have time to check their elements. As for Ionic I saw they got some nice looking UI components.

Finding a jobs is such a pain for me. I had some companies they saw my CV but they decided to move forward with someone else mostly because I don’t have experience in this field.I m from Europe tho but in my country I barely see some job posts and now with Corona even less. I see more jobs in other countries but for remote I guess you need to be senior… I have some demo projects but I guess that isn t enough. So far I have some React apps one landing page and now I m thinking maybe I should create something in React with Express and I m thinking to use some nice React UI so I don t waste too much time with CSS , maybe only to customize some stuff.

You should definitly learn Node.js.
My guess is that you will find a job much easier in a startup, there you would have to know how to build a whole app.

Yeah try to not waste time with css, because at the end (at least for my case) the UI libraries looks always better haha.

About “senior & junior” I dont know if it has a meaning, I see many juniors who cannot build an app.
When you will be able to build a whole app soon, you can go for senior jobs.

Maybe you can do a machine learning project, as it is trendy but also very easy (just few lines of codes):https://www.tensorflow.org/js/models

They have done everything already, just need to pass your input. So you dont need to understand what is going haha

I applied to some junior job posts and even internships and they didn t require you to know much but I do know stuff and yet they didn t go further to call me for an interview. In my demo projects I have firebase as a back end but I do have CRUD operations in them I manage state with React and Redux but I guess they either didn t look at my code or they wanted to see a landing page or full website to be impressed or something. That s why I want to create a MERN project next, only that I lack of ideas dunno what to be about maybe producs or business web site in general.

Also, start to commit on your Github. One interviewer thought I had copy past my repo because I did not commit since beginning.

Then I would recommend to setup a bot which auto commit to show that you are very active. You can find my code here: https://medium.com/@niels.dominguez/github-bot-auto-commit-how-to-node-js-a1aca94155f0