Error installing local environment with `npm run seed`

I am trying to create my local environment to contribute to freeCodeCamp. However, when I run the command npm run seed, it throws an error I don’t understand. It says MongoDB cannot connect.

I wanted to solve a tiny issue but instead have spent 1h solving many bugs. I feel exhausted. Moreover, the issue has been solved by somebody else while I was having that trouble. Anyway, I will get over it!

❯ npm run seed

> @freecodecamp/freecodecamp@0.0.1 seed
> cross-env DEBUG=fcc:* node ./tools/scripts/seed/seedAuthUser

(node:27825) [MONGODB DRIVER] Warning: Current Server Discovery and Monitoring engine is deprecated, and will be removed in a future version. To use the new Server Discover and Monitoring engine, pass option { useUnifiedTopology: true } to the MongoClient constructor.
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
Oh noes!! Error seeding local auth user.
MongoNetworkError: failed to connect to server [localhost:27017] on first connect [Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:27017
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1146:16) {
  name: 'MongoNetworkError'
}]
    at Pool.<anonymous> (/Users/arnau/Desktop/opensource/freeCodeCamp/tools/scripts/seed/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/server.js:438:11)
    at Pool.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at /Users/arnau/Desktop/opensource/freeCodeCamp/tools/scripts/seed/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:562:14
    at /Users/arnau/Desktop/opensource/freeCodeCamp/tools/scripts/seed/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:995:11
    at /Users/arnau/Desktop/opensource/freeCodeCamp/tools/scripts/seed/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:32:7
    at callback (/Users/arnau/Desktop/opensource/freeCodeCamp/tools/scripts/seed/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:280:5)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (/Users/arnau/Desktop/opensource/freeCodeCamp/tools/scripts/seed/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/connect.js:310:7)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:422:26)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:106:8)
npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path /Users/arnau/Desktop/opensource/freeCodeCamp
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c cross-env DEBUG=fcc:* node ./tools/scripts/seed/seedAuthUser

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /Users/arnau/.npm/_logs/2021-05-16T19_28_34_743Z-debug.log

Hello there. Have you managed to resolve the issue? If so, it would be useful to see the mongodb output.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.