Examples of what I do every day as a front-end developer (with 5 years experience)

@DevMaterial talking about notehub? It’s not that great for publishing… no analytics or anything so i’m flying blind here. In fact, I’m moving the blog to a new location soon

More content! thanks for sticking around.

chaos monkey! new post

Hey guys, switching to a new hosting platform for this daily devblog. Notehub was giving me some grief (accidentally deleting the post and no analytics. :P)

Bad UX: “Publish and Delete” are wayyy to close together:

New url for the devblog is: http://www.snaptest.io/dailydevblog

1 Like

Wow, the fact that you’re self taught programmer and making this far… creating something big. I hope I can follow your path! And by the way congratulations on the arrival of your baby daughter :smiley:

1 Like

Haha! thanks, she’s amazing! life comes into better perspective when you have a little one like her :smiley:

Whew… put this blog up on reddit and got swamped:

Traffic finally dying down after that. Back to my FreeCodeCamp friends! Got a little more content on the blog As always, let me know if there’s anything you’d like to know more about. Appreciate you guys here!

By the way, check out the new freecodecamp discord server if you haven’t yet… it’s pretty sweet.

2 Likes

Wow I love your blog! I’m still working through the JS bit of FCC, and I’ve also got some books: Javascript: The Good Parts & Eloquent Javascript, and I’m working through them too. Not sure what I’m planning to do with this, but I really hope I can crack into the industry eventually. I love reading about your day to day tasks. It gives me encouragement to learn more and more :smiley:

1 Like

@arry14 I really appreciate your message - I read “Eloquent Javascript” when getting started as well, it’s very good. If you love programming and creating stuff, then this industry is for you. I’ve loved 95% of it (which must be pretty good compared to other job/careers )

btw: New post is up - it’s release day here!

New post… release was delayed unfortunately.

'uuggee list of new features to make! new post of my thought process when trying to create an actionable list of tasks for the next couple months

Another post y’all!

By the way, been working extremely hard on snaptest.io - go to the site and sign up for the private beta. It’s gonna be really helpful to learn Selenium testing with.

2 Likes

Thanks for continuing this sharing of yours!

I want to make our website JWbanner.com to fulfill the effect of attachment, please help to advise how to make it work?

about your hologram website, there’s that thing with class scrubber that I like a lot, anywhere i can read about it?

@lorepieri ah yes, my colleague made that. I believe he did it by hand.
@JWbanner probably best to use jQuery for that, but there are a million ways to do it. I suggest starting a new thread asking for help.