As a newbie, I liked to start all my Node/Express projects using Express generator . But I usually waste some time on writing or copying codes for connecting to my DB, or configuring passport authentication …
FreeCodeCamp’s Clementine.js was a great solution, but I needed some time to understand its hierarchy, and to remove the Click/Ajax stuffs, I needed to cleanup the boilerplate and I didn’t enjoy that .
It was easier for me to generate a project using Express generator and to configure than to use Clementine.js, then I said why not make a template from that ? So I can reduce my efforts on things that we do everytime we start a project…
So I created my modest template: https://github.com/Fcmam5/mini-express-boilerplate
With features like:
- Use mongoose
- Passport authentication
- Local (using email and password)
- Facebook authentication
- Twitter authentication
- Uses SASS stylesheets (autocompiled)
- Uses EJS templating language
- MVC structure
- Use Helmet, it helps securing the app by setting various HTTP headers.
- Use csurf for CRSF protection. Important: How to use it
- User Schema (Authentication, CRUD API)
And what I need to add ? What are your suggestions ? All contributions, suggestions and comments are welcomed .
Sorry for my poor English, and have a great day !