FCC Tribute and Product landing page

Hey Guys,

I started the FCC a few weeks ago and really enjoy it, coming from a completely different place and never had anything to do with coding of any kind I thought it couldn´t hurt to learn something new while beeing locked down.

Please have a look at my pages, feedback is greatly appreaciated.

I am aware of my excessive use of id´s and am working on keeping that down.

Product landing

Tribute

Cheers

1 Like

I love the ideas, good start. Listening to Gerry now, ha.

1 Like

They look okay @svbfan. Some things to revisit;

tribute

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to a font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • mentioning because you have a fatal error the way you’ve set up your page with elements outside the body element that should be inside it. Remember, everything the browser renders belongs in the body element.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

tribute

• same thing about using codepen
  • same thing, run it through the W3C validator and clean up the coding errors
  • This is what I mean about accessibility. It’s a throwback to the 1990’s and not a pleasant one at that. Your page has the following;
    " A Plumbus is present in every Household and used for everyday tasks, if you wish to get a second Plumbus for your home you can order it here."
    The word “here” is not accessible (read the links I provided above) and you can make it so much better.
  • Don’t use <br> to force spacing or line breaks. Use CSS
1 Like