FCC-Tribute Page Feedback

Hey guys, please check out my tribute page. It failing one test but I think its bug please help me. You can visit Tribute Page here.

Take a closer look at the error description.

You need to give it id=“tribute-link”

I’'ve given that id but it still giving error

@MaheshPawar97, you added the id to a div element. The user story says add it to an a element.
And the error message expands on this saying;

7. I should see an <a> element with a corresponding id="tribute-link", which links to an outside site that contains additional information about the subject of the tribute page. HINT: You must give your element an attribute of target and set it to "_blank" in order for your link to open in a new tab (i.e. target="_blank").
<a> element with id="tribute-link" must contain an href attribute 
AssertionError: <a> element with id="tribute-link" must contain an href attribute 
1 Like

I’m new here so I may be misinterpreting the way the error readout displays, but does your code have a target="_blank" attribute applied to it as well as the “tribute-link” id?

I’ll answer that @logancollman, yes it does. You can see it in his code.

Ah, Ok. I forgot it was a codepen and I was just looking at the error checker readout (facepalm).

Actually, when I check the code in the editor view it looks like the div has the “tribute-link” id applied, not the anchor…

<div id="tribute-link" class="text-center">
        <h3>Read more about Steve Jobs on <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs" target="_blank">Wikipedia</a>.</h3>
</div>

Correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t what it’s asking look more like this?..

<div class="text-center">
        <h3>Read more about Steve Jobs on <a id="tribute-link"  href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs" target="_blank">Wikipedia</a>.</h3>
</div>

Yes, that’s what I was hinting at without giving the answer like you did.

Oooh…(facepalm x2).

" @MaheshPawar97, you added the id to a div element. The user story says add it to an a element.
And the error message expands on this saying;"

I totally missed this prior to responding. Sorry to blow the surprise :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohh thanks… I was confusing :blush: