Feedback feedback on my tribute page project

What is your hint or solution suggestion?

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

HI I NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON MY TRIBUTE PAGE PROJECT. I’M A NEW BEE SO GO EASY ON ME HAHA :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For a newbie, it’s very good :slightly_smiling_face: It’s responsive and passes all technical tests. Good work on adding a font and gradient.

Appearence wise, maybe you can edit the link’s property in css to make it prettier? You could convert it to a button or you could add border to the link in css to make it appear as a button. Check this out for more info.

I would also add an alt tag to your image; this is done so that in case the image doesn’t load up, the alt text can provide information about it. This also helps visually impaired users know the content of your website. Info here.

Keep up the good work :wave:

1 Like

Hey there,

great job, I like it! :clap:

My ideas:

• you currently have <main id="main"> in line 5. main should only live inside of body
  • after you fixed this, you can get a code validation here by pasting your HTML code (without the script); you will see some errors but I think you are able to fix them!
  • you can increase the readability of your code by 1. clicking on the small arrow on the right side of the code box and 2. clicking Format HTML/CSS
  • when I decrease the width of my browser, the quote gets very narrow and hard to read for me
  • when I decrease the width of my browser, the main box isn’t centered

Feel free to ask questions and keep us posted!

1 Like

Hey Cez,

I would like to start off saying that I really appreciate that you took your precious time and had a look into my “silly project” haha. So thanks for that and plus the feedback you gave me I have worked on that so I request you to please have a look again and If any changes required then let me know and I will correct it.

I’m will do the other FCC projects soon like survey form and other and I need your help again on those projects too. I hope you don’t mind :hugs:

Cheers.
:smiley:

1 Like

Hey Miku,

How are you doing mate? Thanks for taking your time and for your feedback. I really appreciate that.

• I changed the “main” and it is not inside the body anymore. (I didn’t really know that it should be inside the body, so thank you)

• When I did the code validation there were like 8 errors :sweat_smile:, I managed to clear them all because you mentioned above "but I think you are able to fix them!
    " and that helped me lot haha.

• Thanks for the pro-tip, I’m gonna use formatting every time now.

and for the quote and centering the box I may need your help in that.

Thanks again.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hey there,

awesome, glad you made it!

Feel free to ask questions after you tried to solve the next steps on your own.

Your page looks good @thepannu786. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should address.
  • Don’t use <br> to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Your page needs to be responsive. On smaller screens there is a horizontal scrollbar. To see what I mean, decrease the browser size.

Hey ROma,

Thank you for your feedback.

I guess I able to fixed the horizontal scrollbar issue.

Cheers.