Feedback for my tribute page:FCC

hello peers , i am komal i have tried to make a tribute page :slightly_smiling_face: Need suggestions for betterment ,feel free to criticize my work i will be very happy if pros like all of you people make me correct and give me suggestions.

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Something is wrong with the link that you provided.
Error 404

kindly check this again.

I currently don’t see it passing all of the tests. You can add <script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script> to your HTML and you will be able to check what tests you need to pass.

2 Likes

Hm I guess you need to copy the existing code of tribute page and try to learn from it. Then make your own responsive tribute page base on the existing code from FCC.

This technique works for me. I tried to copy code then analyze it then make my own variations of it. Thats how I learn.

okay , thank you for your help.

I’ve found this site to be a great tool when I was working on the first projects. Hopefully, it helps you.

1 Like

i will try to make it again by keep in mind all the points which i have to add ,Thank You.

1 Like

Hi @Komal-1, some feedback on your page. Some will be a repeat of what the others have said;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 1/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • When you want to use a font from Google fonts you either;
    • link to it in the head element in HTML
      • in codepen the link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • import it in CSS
  • The only time you’d use the style elements is if you are doing internal styling in HTML. Best practice is to use external styling so there’s no need for the style elements.
    • Additionally, the style element in the CSS section of codepen will cause problems.

Removing the incorrect link in CSS and removing the style tags will make your page look quite different.

Follow along completing the user stories one by one and let us see how your tribute page turns out.

2 Likes

I’m not a pro but it looks okay (not good) your web page need improvements…

Great! I have a few things to tell you that you could change to make the project even better,

1. use an image that works (valid URL)
  2. use alt attributes for images
  3. Dont put HTML in CSS move this code:
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lobster" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

to the HTML
4. use this for quotes

<p><q><i>“My mother is one whose special love inspires you every single day, who fills your heart with joy in her kind and thoughtful way.” </q></i></p>
1 Like

thank you it will very helpful.

1 Like

yes , i am doing effort to make it pass all the test thanks for your feedback it helped .

thank you it is very much helpful for me , i am doing changes and adding all the necessary stuffs to make it pass all the test.

1 Like

Kindly check this my new tribute page.
and give feedback to make it more better.
Thank you.

Kindly check this my new tribute page.
and give feedback to make it more better.
Thank You.

i made changes in this , kindly have a look on it and please give suggestions to make it more better.
thank you.

hey buddy have a look on it i made changes and give your valuable feedback too.
thank you.

1 Like

i made it another one , i did necessary changes to pass all the test …kindly give you valuable feedback for improvement.
thank you.

have a look on it , i made another one.
and please feel free to make me aware of my mistakes.
thank you.