I need Feedback on Tribute page

Hello, I’m new to FCC and recently completed Tribute Page project. I need some feedback. https://codepen.io/kalium123/pen/oNLLNzJ

Welcome to the forums @dreamo123. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 3/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • mentioning because you have elements out of order. Everything the browser renders belongs in the body element.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Do not use in-line styling. Use external styling for everything.
    • maintenance will be easier
  • The style element is only used for internal styling.
    • It’s not needed in codepen and will give problems if you leave it there
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Make the page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Repsonsive

On a side note, the instructions for the projects tell you to make something that is “functionally similar” and to “give it your own style”.
You do not have to try and replicate the sample projects. They are there to show one possible way to do the project.

Thank you Roma.

On my CodePen it’s actually showing all tests have been passed and the wikipedia entry is working, and i submitted this project to FCC just last week. Now it’s not working. I think i messed up with some things. Thanks for the feedback once again.

Did you provide the correct link to your pen? The first test that fails says;

My tribute page should have an element with corresponding id="main", which contains all other elements.
expected null to not equal null

Your code does not contain id="main"

You can click the red button to see the other failing tests and text to see why.

Please read the provided links. ‘Not accessible’ does not mean the link is not working.

I think Roma the problem is that I made two different copies by mistake, one which is submitted to FCC after clearing the errors and got 10/10. I think i submitted the wrong copy for the feedback. Here’s my copy that I submitted to FCC https://codepen.io/kalium123/pen/oNLLNzJ

@dreamo123, okay that one passes all the tests but there are still things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • There are elements out of order.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Do not use in-line styling. All your styling should be external.
  • The style element is only used for internal styling. Remove it from the CSS section in codepen. It will give you problems.

Side note, if you have two of the pens in codepen with similar code you can delete the one you don’t want to use.
If you clean up the code issues I mentioned in the same pen then you won’t have to resubmit the link.

Thanks Roma. I already deleted the other copy which didn’t pass and now working on fixing the issues you mentioned on the available copy.

1 Like

Hey @dreamo123 seems like you forgot to update the link

Sorry, I just updated the link @iamjoydey. I am still working on other issues.

1 Like