Hi, I created my first tribute page project. I am happy with how it turned out but would like some feedback
hi can you tell me how you made feedback pls
Welcome back @sunsan. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Keep the test script when forking the pen (
- The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for CSS is good. Use it, there are things to clean up.
- You’ll have to do it more than once. Correcting one error will show another, etc. Need to clean them all up since they affect how your page displays.
- The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C
- Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
- Web Accessibility in Mind has a more thorough explanation.
- “wikipedia entry” is not accessible
- Make your page responsive. On small screens there’s a horizontal scrollbar because the quote falls out of the container.
Thank you so much!
I’ll check it out and fix it
Hi Aben - not too sure what you mean.
forget it I figured it out.