Feedback on my Technical Documentation

Hello every one!

Here is my page:

And please, give me some feedback about it! :smiley:

I didn’t want to do something about code, so then I made a page about solar energy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey Julio,

awesome work so far!
Very clean, easy to read and looks great!

My ideas:

• you can get a code validation here by pasting your HTML code into the body; although the list of errors looks big, you only have 2 recurring errors
  • I think it is a good idea to write code and comments in english, because I think this will increase the probability of getting good feedback; especially when you use characters like ç or ã not everyone knows how write them

Keep us posted!

1 Like

Hi @miku86 !

The HTML validator that you posted here showed me a lot of errors and warnings, and I confess that I got scared at first time :sweat_smile:. But reading the page I only agree about 2 errors:

1. Adding lang=pt

2. And the target="_blank" that I wrote wrong :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

About the code and comments, I will consider writing them in English…
I am writing them in Portuguese because I am a Brazilian and I intend to use the projects that I am creating here to help me to get a job in develop area.

And if I write the projects in Portuguese, the job recruiters will surely understand the page, in the other hand, if I write them in English, I can show them that I know something abut English language (which is very important in Brazil) and get more feedbacks here in the forum.

And what is the best decision? I don’t know yet :joy:

But any way, thank you so much for the feedback and advices!

Great work!

I think Error: Text not allowed in element ul in this context. is also a good thing to fix.

<ul>
      <li>Conectados à rede (On-Grid):
        <ul>...</ul>
      </li>
    </ul>

Why did you add a ul inside the li?

Probably there are some recruiters and small business owners, who don’t speak english, so it depends where you want to work at. I think if you are able to write the site in english, I would do it. (I think your english is great.).

You’re welcome, glad you like it.

1 Like

I did like this because I wanted to insert a space after the title of the topic, like a list inside a list, following this as an example:

<ul>
  <li>Coffee</li>
  <li>Tea
    <ul>
      <li>Black tea</li>
      <li>Green tea
        <ul>
          <li>China</li>
          <li>Africa</li>
        </ul>
      </li>
    </ul>
  </li>
  <li>Milk</li>
</ul>

But just adding the second level of ul I got what I wanted. :grin:

But any way, now I think I did it on the right way adding the <li> and this to my code:

li, ol{
  font-weight: bold;
}
ul li ul li, ol li ul li{
  font-weight: normal;
  list-style-type: none;
}

And about it, I think you are right, I want to work on the best places! And write in english I can show them how good I am at english and development.

And again, thank you so much! :grin: