Feedback on my Tribute Page 9/30/21

Hi Everyone,

I’ve very recently starting the process of learning coding and built my first project for the HTML 5/ CSS certification. I would really appreciate any feedback on how to improve my design. I know it is a very basic page but would love for someone to look over my code for any flaws or anything I can do to eliminate wasted lines of code in the future.

FreeCodeCamp Tribute Page

Hey! Welcome to the FreeCodeCamp’s community forums, i just checked out your website and here are a few suggestions.

1. You do not need to add the body tag since codepen adds it by default.
  2. if you click on the upper right corner of the code editor you will find an option called analyze css which can help you find bugs in code such as this

1. You should get rid of the 600 px width you gave to the li tag because it will add a horizontal scrollbar on screen sizes that are smaller than 600px.

2. You can also try adding a few media queries and a bit of color in your website to make it stand out more. if you have trouble choosing color combos for your websites like i do then i would recommend using a tool such as this to help you out.

Hope this helped! :smiley:

I appreciate the help on this. I will definitely change those aspects. I also didn’t know about the analyze css which I will definitely put to good use so thanks.

lemme know if you need help with anything else! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.