Feedback on Tribute Page-New Coder

Hi everyone!

I recently started learning to code and have completed my first project, building a tribute page. My code lives here: https://codepen.io/sydneyliuwho/pen/WPEEQB

My page passed all the tests, but I want to know how the code could be written in a better or cleaner manner. If you could give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and happy coding!

-Sydney

I’d say your code looks just fine. Don’t worry about perfection in your starter projects: as you learn more techniques, you’ll apply them to later projects, and you can always go back to your older projects and apply them there too.

One tip for future reference is you might want to look into using more semantic markup, such as <article>, <section>, <header>, <footer> and <aside> rather than just divs. There’s not many places to apply this markup in something as trivial as the tribute page, however, but you’ll want to keep them in mind for the more complex projects that are coming up.

Hi @sydneyliuwho…now I’m hungry for Key Lime Pie. Nice!

One thing I’d suggest for cleaning up your code a little is to use the validator that codepen provides. In both the HTML and CSS sections click on the arrow in the upper right and then click on ‘Analyze HTML’ and ‘Analyze CSS’ respectively. There’s a couple of little things in each that you can look into cleaning up.

Hello!
Tribute page about bakery is so much creative. I would have never thought. More over it is very beautiful.
One thing feels not so appropriate to User Story. id=“tribute-info” in sample case contains a timeline. In your case I would give this id to the div which now takes the “body” class.
By the way a </div> at the end is missing. So id=“main” isn’t wrapping everything up.

I forked it up and played with code a little bit. Take a look if you would like https://codepen.io/Orinbay_Kombinator/pen/bJbqMg

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it. I will make note of this so I can apply it to future projects as there becomes more opportunity. I am working on a survey form now so I will be able to apply it there. Thanks again!

Hi @Roma,

Thank you for your feedback. I analyzed my code and corrected all my errors. Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for your feedback! Are you saying that id=“tribute-info” doesn’t make sense, or that it is placed incorrectly? Thanks for noticing that a at the end was missing!