Finally ! I completed my last project of RWD couse. Have a look at my personal portfolio

Link: https://codepen.io/junaidshaikh_js/full/wvWLZmZ

Please provide feedback.

Also, can anyone tell me where I can get my certificate?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey @junaidshaikh_js!

Your page looks nice and simple.

1 Like

You need to go to your account settings to claim your certificate. Before you can do so, you also need to agree to the Academy Honesty Pledge.

To make your certificate appear in your profile, you need to have your profile set to public.

2 Likes

Your portfolio looks good @junaidshaikh_js. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There is an HTML coding error you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Check that the user has entered a valid email addr. Throw an HTML5 validation error if not.
    • You learned to do this when coding the survey form
  • Make sure all your projects are responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on your tech doc page on smaller screens
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    • For the addr, okay but there’s one used earlier that shouldn’t be there.
    • Instead of using <br> elements to have each inline element on a new line, use or set container elements to be block-level elements so they’ll each take up the full width.
      https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/br
2 Likes

@junaidshaikh_js You page looks super awesome! It is one of the best I have seen.

Here are the next steps you could possibly take to improve the page.

• Get a real domain name for you website (move it to a free webhosting application).
  • Remove the Lorum Ipsum, replace it with real text.
  • Enable the download CV button so it works or remove the button.
  • Use images that do not have the Freecodecamp test suite in the corner.
  • Maybe get the page to look better at 300px width for those really small screens by adding a hamburger menu and maximizing the space on the sides of the page.

I would say that you need to upload that website to Netlify so that you can get the contact form to work properly and you will be able to receive email.

2 Likes