Finished Basic Javascript, advice on where to go next

Hi,

I just finished Basic Javascript almost entirely without using hints, although I did use this forum for tips for some of the challenges, but overall I’m proud to say that I was able to power through without looking up the answers… with one exception, recursions. I really struggled with all the lessons involving recursions and I still don’t feel like I have a solid understanding.

At this point, I was wondering if I should move onto to ES6 or if I should take more time to study recursion? Is it critical to fully understand recursion at this point to continue learning in the next sections? Is there another resource I could use to learn more about Recursion?

I was also thinking of doing a “Basic Javascript” course over again through a different resource (CodeAcademy) just to take a step back and make sure I really have all the basics down. Do you have any advice on how I should proceed from this point on?

Thank you for any advice. As an aside, my goal is to get a job as a Front End Developer, if that gives any context.

Thank you!

go forward, if you feel you are missing something review it, but do not do a whole course you have just finished again.
Or if you want to keep at your level, you can go to code wars website and do katas (algorithms) of kyu 9, 8, 7 (the easiest ones)

I suggest you go forward, as you will need what you have seen till now, and if you need to apply the things you discovered, just go back a moment to review them

3 Likes