Finished My first project! - Tribute Page

Hi! I’ve just finished My first project with HTML and CSS . Looking for some feedback and tips to improve more. Thank you in advance! :smiley:

Tribute Page: https://codepen.io/Aegonst/full/jObjrOG

9 Likes

It is amazing art . I really loved it. mysubwaycard

1 Like

I love it, it has a touch of incredible visual smoothness … Very nice to look at

Nice Job

2 Likes

Very nice looking, you put way more effort into this than I did on mine LOL

2 Likes

Looks nice. Good job.

2 Likes

Thank you for the good feedback guys!

1 Like

Nice work. I like your choice of colors and layout. It gives the page a minimalist but serious look. All the best.

Mabuhay

2 Likes

Same here. Great learning platform. Happy to be here and learn.
Cant wait to start a new career in Tech.

1 Like

Amazing work! I love the Philippines, I have many good memories there and this makes me feel a little bit nostalgic.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @aegonst01. Page looks good. I like that you used the dd, dt, and dl elements. I think that’s a first of all the tribute projects I’ve looked over. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C
    • The one for CSS is good. You missed a semi-colon
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.

Side note: the test script, because it JS, belongs right before the closing body tag. If it were in the head element on a real page you wouldn’t see it.

1 Like

Nice! My aunt once spent some time in the Philippines and really enjoyed it. As a child, I thought it was the Jellybeans and was really sad that we didn’t live there.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback sir! Very informative . I appreciate it!

Hi! Very nice work! I agree with the others that the styling is wonderful.

One thing I would love to see is a translation of the quote at the end. If you would rather keep it from being cluttered with more English you could set things up so that a “tooltip” with the translation opens up when you hover your mouse over it. That might be more than you want to do with your first project, but here is a page with some examples at w3schools.com which I find to be a great reference!

Happy coding!

George

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. I’ll add that feature thanks again!

1 Like

wow looks amazing. !!!