Finished my Technical Documentation page (mostly!)

Hi! I’m really excited to share this project. I mean, it’s not groundbreaking or anything, but I like how it turned out.
After my last few projects, I realized I needed to get a better understanding of RWD. I really did not know what I was doing in that regard. I tried to build this mobile-first, so I wouldn’t get bogged down in dozens of media queries.
There are still some things I am trying to get a better handle on. I didn’t actually use flex or grid because I need to practice these some more. I imagine that’s what I would need to use if I wanted my navbar to move to the top of the page on smaller screens. With everything else I was inputting, it was just easier to use a media query for display:none; lol.
I think I’ll go back in and change some fonts around and center the main-header… things like that. But are there any other details, minor or major that you think need some attention? As I’m typing this, I realize I haven’t validated my HTML. :grimacing: Gonna save it for tomorrow.
Thanks for any feedback!

@micha.ella ,

Your page looks extremely perfect!. I like it very much. You have done a very good job.

Few Suggestion :

• Try using flex or grid and it will make your work easier and will save time.

• Your background color is much brighter, try to use some lighter color so that the content is more visible than the background color.

1 Like

Thank you! I found myself getting super stressed on my last project because flexbox and grid still aren’t making the most sense to me. I will play with these some to get comfortable enough to use it them in future projects. I will look at other color options. I was loving that combination, but it is pretty bright!

@micha.ella ,

Below are some of the best article to understand flexbox and grid

Hope it helps

1 Like

Congratulations and well done.
Here are a few links I recommend for grid and flexbox on youtube, net ninja is very good. Each is a small series of easy to understand bitesize videos that helped me alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7tLPhnA06w&list=PL4cUxeGkcC9itC4TxYMzFCfveyutyPOCY for grid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8zMYaD1bz0&list=PL4cUxeGkcC9i3FXJSUfmsNOx8E7u6UuhG for flex.

1 Like

thank you! I decided to go through all the flexbox and grid modules again and take notes this time, and I think I’ve got a better grip on it now. I have also been taking Kevin Powell’s responsive design course, which is pushing me further. I think with my next project I should be able to incorporate it much more easily.

1 Like

Kevin Powell really knows his stuff, I watch him to, though sometimes I can’t keep up with him

1 Like

I’m gonna check out Net Ninja. :pray:

1 Like

Red on blue ,nahh Its illegal…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.