First Project Tribute_Page Feedback

Hello everyone! I am beginner and need some feedback on my first project.

1. What would you do different
  2. How would you simplify html and CSS
  3. Any errors
  4. What ever you think needs some attention

Thank you in advance

Excellent work.
You’ve designed a great page…
I’m actually unable to identify any errors, there are some things…

1. Your main image caption seems like the main title of page,
    you should better decrease its font size and decrease its top margin
  2. You’ve lot of uppercase elements… almost all of the titles…
    it’s my opinion that, date title in main__chronology and main__invention section should not be uppercase

Welcome to the forums @prmishaina. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’

While FCC calls them projects, the free version of codepen allows only one project but, an unlimited number of pens. For this reason freeCodeCamp suggests the use of pens to do the projects for the RWD certification. Note: the examples are in pens, and the test suite is also in a pen you can fork.

1 Like

Thank you!
But I can’t understand what exactly I did wrong with the image. It resizes very well. Please let me know how can I fix it.

@prmishaina, when a test fails you can click on the red button to see what the test was looking for and text to help you correct it.

With this test, when you correct one issue and run the test it will fail again with another, different error. Read the failing text again to correct the issue. And again as needed.

You can also revisit the lesson on how to make an image responsive.

On a side note, update your post with the new link to your pen.

I fixed the error. I did’t set display:block; on the img.
Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.