Flappy Penguin in the new curriculum: Error?

Tell us what’s happening:
Hey, everyone. In step 1 from the Flappy Penguin project, I can’t seem to pass with the code below, which seems fine to me.

Here’s what I get: " Sorry, your code does not pass. Try again. Hint: You should have two ‘meta’ elements."

I even tried adding the forward slash to the meta tags, but it still didn’t work. Could this be an error in the platform? Am I being daft?

**Your code so far**
\ file: <!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8"/>
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>
  <link href="styles.css" rel="stylesheet" />
  <title>Penguin</title>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>
\ file: 

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: <code>Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0</code>

**Challenge:**  Step 1

**Link to the challenge:**
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-css-transforms-by-building-a-penguin/step-1

I’m not sure if \ file: <!DOCTYPE html> is how you wrote it, or if the \file: is just residual from the way the code was copied over.

Asside from that, I copied your code (without the \file: part). The only test it seemed to fail was the link tag needing the type attribute. I was able to submit it without it complaining about your meta tags at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, kinome79.

That \ file: bit was included automatically in my post here.

I was curious after your report and tried to submit the same code via Chrome—and it worked. I got the error message pointing to the “type” attribute and, after I added this, it was accepted.

In the beta version of RWD I was using Firefox without any problems, but this seems to have been the problem here. Will use Chrome from now on.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.