Free Code Camp did a lot for me, Thanks!

congratulations and thank you for sharing.:slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for the info. If I may ask, what projects specifically did you use for your portfolio? I just want to get a better understanding of what kind of portfolio to present when applying for jobs.

1 Like

CONGRATS @s31181 !! Super awesome!

Curious, if you were to go back, what part of the course would you say you know enough to start applying?

I finished up with HTML and CSS, Responsive Design with Bootstrap, and just getting into jQuery now.

I’m guessing after my Basic Front End Development Project? Or later?

Thanks for the insight and words of encouragement <3

for my portfolio I had 3 projects that i posted the first was the wikipedia project because i thought it best showed off my knowledge of JSON and api’s a project that I did freelance/volunteer of a website redesign, and a project that i’m working on for a friend with their website redesign.

the latter projects I wanted to show of my html/css skills the most.

my portfolio I used just HTML and CSS no frameworks because it was a single page static site.

Also I produced the Wikipedia project through an atom IDE instead of codepen uploaded my Code into github and used github pages to host it.

1 Like

Thanks!

Great question! I like that you’re excited to apply!

Um… I used other resources besides FCC to help supplement my learning youtube videos, tutorials books and whatnot.

I saw if you’re looking for a good tipping point to start applying I would say once you hit Advanced Algorithms I would hope one has enough knowledge of HTML CSS and JS to start applying to JR FED jobs.

a tip for writing a c.v. is to show that you’ve learned a lot and you are eager to learn even more.

Hope this helps! Good luck and Happy Coding!

2 Likes

By hit Advanced Algorithms, do you mean just reaching the advanced section or finishing it? I just submitted the last intermediate algorithm (most of which went surprisingly well due to some high school coding experience) and I’d consider myself extremely unprepared to perform any real dev job for now, but maybe it’s the impostor syndrome kicking in for the first time :smiley: . Anyway, good job getting the job and thanks for the motivating thread!

1 Like

yeah you could start applying i think, also interviewing and applying is a good place to see if you do need to improve or gain more experiences, or teach yourself more. Rejection comes with the territory especially when trying to break into tech. just keep learning, keep pursuing. you’ll land something.

ultimately its up to you if you want to learn more gain a bit more confidence do it to it, just don’t keep putting it off.

Good luck! Happy Coding

1 Like

Congrats !!!
And happy coding :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks soooooo much for the info!!! <3

1 Like