Full Stack Development with Java Spring Boot, React, and MongoDB – Full Course

Hello,
Please can some one help me, I have issue here because I do all same as in course but I have error It is part 1:04:29 I get next error “Couldn’t find PersistentEntity for type class java.lang.String” ?

Hello! Welcome to the community :smile:!

Without seeing the actual code, I’m going to say you’re trying to save a String instead of a class annotated with @Entity and/or @Table. In some part of your code you may have something like this:

@Entity
class AClass {
// Code omitted
}

interface AClassRepository extends CrudRepository<...> {}

@Controller
class AClassController {
  @Autowired
  AClassRepository aClassRepository;

ResponseEntity saveAClassObject(String possiblyAClassId) {
    aClassRepository.save(possiblyAClassId); // At this point the error should be thrown
    // Maybe you meant to save the found entity?
   // var foundObject = aClassRepository.findById(possiblyAClassId);
   // foundObject.modifyItSomehow();
   // aClassRepository.save(foundObject);

return ResponseEntity.ok();
  }
}

If you need more help, please share the code related to the issue and the entire error shown on the console (or the log file).

Could you share your code through git or copy/paste it instead of using images? They’re harder to read :slight_smile:

I don’t have It on git repository… I think that problem is in connection with mangodb but I don’t know how to fix it. In tutorial it is same code as mine but my don’t work.

My problem is that localhost:8080/api/v1/movies only displays empty brackets “[ ]”

My collection name in Movie matches my collection in mongodb

The same problem occurs when I clone the finished project and change the database credentials and collections name to mine.

I tried suggestions from the comments of the youtube video and used delombok to generate getters,setters,and constructions. Still did not work.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Here is my code, I am facing similar issue right now.

package com.samit.movies;

import java.util.List;

import org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Autowired;
import org.springframework.http.HttpStatus;
import org.springframework.http.ResponseEntity;
import org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.GetMapping;
import org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RequestMapping;
import org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RestController;

@RestController
@RequestMapping("/api/v1/movies")
public class MovieController {
    @Autowired
    private MovieService movieService;

@GetMapping
    public ResponseEntity <List<Movie>> getAllMovies() {
        return new ResponseEntity<List<Movie>>(movieService.allMovies(), HttpStatus.OK) ;
    }

}

I am having the same issue. There is a problem with the connection to Mongodb but I am unable to figure it out.

org.springframework.data.mapping.MappingException: Couldn’t find PersistentEntity for type class java.lang.String