While trying to earn the badges, I’ve discovered that the path to attain each badge is not always clear. This guide will be a work in progress as I earn badges and document the criteria, and based on your feedback.
You can see the list of badges here.
- Go to your profile and fill out the “About Me” section.
- Nobody has ever earned this badge, so it’s probably never been fully implemented.
- When you first join the freeCodeCamp Forum, you’ll get an email from
@discobot. Reply to his (her?) email and follow the steps. If you accidentally on purpose deleted the email, go to your profile under the messages tab and create a new message. Address it to
@discobot start new userand send the message. Follow the interactive tutorial to the end to earn this badge.
- Edit one of your posts.
- Use an emoji like in a post.
- Flag an inappropriate post:
- Note: Do NOT flag a post just to earn this badge; make sure any post you flag really deserves it.
- Click the heart to like somebody’s post or reply:
- Posts will have a button that you can use to get a direct link to that post:
- Insert that link into any new post or reply you create.
- Use the
@symbol in a post to tag another user.
- Post a link on its own line in a post you create.
When replying to a post, copy a section of the original post that you think is relative to your reply and paste it into your reply. The blockquotes will be there automagically.
- Nobody has ever earned this badge. I thought I had figured it out, but I didn’t earn the badge for my efforts.
- Click on the link button on a post:
- Click the Facebook or Twitter icon to share the post.
- Granted to two new users each month for assorted acts of awesomeness.
- Read the Community Guidelines
- Find a post with over 100 replies and read them all.
- Each original post will show how many replies and how long it should take to read the whole thread.
- I assume you’ll need to stay at least that much time scrolling through the replies to earn the badge. I know I didn’t earn it by rapidly scrolling to the bottom. Can anybody confirm?
Create at least 20 posts (replies or new topics) that each earn at least one like.
- Visit the freeCodeCamp Forum 10 days in a row.
- To see how many days in a row you’ve visited, go to your profile and click the Summary tab.
- Share a freeCodeCamp Forum post with the outside world (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) and get 25 unique outside visitors that click on it.
- As a Level 0 or Level 1 User, you get 50 likes per day. Use them all up in one day.