Height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport

Height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport

Tell us what’s happening:

I am currently trying to build a personal portfolio and am trying to pass all tests before doing any stylization. I have passed all tests except " The height of the welcome section should be equal to the height of the viewport. " I have now spent two days trying to figure out what im doing wrong but i cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?
Your code so far

html, body{
text-align:right;
height:100%;
width:100%;
}
nav ul li{
list-style:none;
text-align:right;
display:inline-block;
margin:10px;
margin-top:20px;
margin-bottom:15em;
}

#navbar{
position:fixed;
top:0;
width:100%;
}

a{
text-decoration: none;
}

#welcome-section{
text-align:center;
margin-bottom:40em;
min-height:100px;
margin-top:30em;
}
#projects{
text-align:center;
}
img{
width:170px;
}
#profile-link{
display:inline-block;
overflow:hidden;
  text-decoration: none;
margin:50px;
}
@media (max-height: 100%)
{
 #welcome-section
{

}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-personal-portfolio-webpage

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

@Harrisonkay - Looking at the code you have you’re using a percentage for the height value. I would recommend taking a look at the vh property to set the height of your welcome section.

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_units.asp

Hope that helps.

Hi.

I’m having trouble with this as well. Using the vh property hasn’t helped me pass this test.

I’d appreciate any help.

I’ll take a look now and update this post when I see something.

Edit: Solved.

In your CSS add these lines to the welcome-text section (at the bottom of the section to over-write your older code)

padding-top: 0px;
  margin-top: 0px;
  display: block;
  height: 100vh;

Then click on the gear icon in the HTML section and add the viewport meta definition (there’s a handy link on the page that lets you do it in one click).

Re-run the test.
Done.

Hi there.

I see now where I went wrong. I applied vh to font-size instead of height. I clicked on the HTML gear icon and added the viewport meta definition. I re-ran the test and it passed. Fantastic!

Thanks for your help; it’s appreciated!