Help me to understand this solution

Hi

My issue here is not with the test, but with the results I got from it.
I finished the last challenge of the Basic Node and Express of the Backend certification and the form that the test ask me to try doesn’t work like It should but somehow the test passes anyway, meaning that my code doesn’t have errors (I like to think that). I’ll drop a screenshot of both my code and the results.

As you can see, the JSON I get from the post doesn’t show any useful information. I used both my answer (commented) and the answer provided by freeCodeCamp.
Like I said, the test passes anyway but I don’t know why it doesn’t show the name I write in the form.

Thank you for your time.

Your project link(s)

solution: boilerplate-express - Replit

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.101 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Get Data from POST Requests

Link to the challenge:

Hi, thank you for your answer

I didn’t fixed the issue, but I just tested the solution again, and I could notice that in the Replit preview of the page the correct outcome pops out but only for less than a second, and then the page shows the same as the screenshot posted. There’s no change in the register of the console thought.

What could it be?

I got the same response from the console, what I meant to say was that maybe the console could do another POST without noticing, because like I said earlier when I press the submit buttom, I could see the correct answer for a brief moment, then the page go blank, and then shows the “undefined” values of my screenshot.

I really don’t know why that happens

Open the live url in a different window and I don’t believe it will do it. It may be something quirky about the in-pane view of the project loads.

I just tested the Url in another tab like you said and it worked, maybe it’s what you said

Thank you for your time!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.