Help, stuck at the 'attribute selectors to style elements' challenge in CSS basics

First off: complete and utter coding noob that is trying to learn with this exellent curriculum. However in the challenge: ‘##Learn Basic CSS: Use Attribute Selectors to Style Elements’, I’m completely stuck.

I’ve typed my code as I think it should work…

[type= 'checkbox'] {

margin: 10px 0px 15px 0px;

}

but keep getting this output from the test output box below:

attribute selector should be used to select the checkboxes. // tests completed

HELP: I’m stuck here and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’ve used hints, watched the video and copied what is said there 1-1… still same results. I’ve been ‘breezing’ through HTML and half of CSS so far so I can’t figure out what is up here…
Driving me nuts…

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Please, include your whole code and the challenge link

Next time, if you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

Please use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Hi ieahleen,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll keep your suggestions in mind although I did use the ‘ask for help’ button on the challenge but then I was prompted to log in and so I suppose that threw a wrench in copying the code.

Remove the space between the = and 'checkbox', it’s just a test “thing”.

[type='checkbox']

Challenge link:

Edit: Just to be clear. The code you have is valid and would work in a browser, but the test doesn’t allow it. However, having a space there isn’t good formatting, so it’s for the best.

Use this :
input[type=“checkbox”] {
//code
}

Your missing the “input” before your opening bracket([)