HELP! when to start using web frameworks in programming?

HELP! when to start using web frameworks in programming?
0.0 0

when to start using web frameworks in programming?

My fortune cookie response to your question would be: Any tool that helps you with working with complexity also hides complexity. Any decision you make along the way will mean sacrificing complexity, transparency, time and so on. My own example At freecodecamp I learn learn Bootstrap which means I sacrifice some understanding of CSS for convenience. I am ok with that decision now, but right now I want to revisit pure CSS.as I know I am lacking. Choosing between Vanilla JavaScript versus jQuery involves the same kind of sacrifice. Choose wisely and be aware that any choice means a sacrifice. (I was reading about Confucious and Xunzi this morning so I hope you forgive the ancient sage tone)

I like @Magwit response. There is always a trade off in learning when using framework or libraries. It all depends on how deeply you want to know a specific language. For me, I won’t settle for knowing libraries. I would like to know why they work and how they work, and how it is constructed.

So there are frameworks and libraries, right? jQuery is a libarary. Rails is a framework. Both can be useful.

There’s nothing wrong with using a tool to help you do your job. Most developers use libraries and frameworks, and getting comfortable with abstraction is an important thing.

All that being said, I think jQuery is a good entry point. It’s a very useful JavaScript library that makes working with the DOM and AJAX a lot easier than plain JavaScript. The code behind the jQuery functions is expertly written. It’s in use in a huge number of websites and applications.

As far as a full-on framework goes, I think it is best to wait till you are working with server-side code for that. Express is a good framework for Node, and using Node + Express + MongoDB is fairly simple. The only downside is that going deeper into that stack means working with a constantly shifting and highly modular architecture. I wouldn’t describe it as beginner-friendly.

I really like the .Net framework as well (I know, not in style, but it’s awesome.)

Rails (as in Ruby on Rails) is also a popular framework and since it uses convention over configuration it is probably a good framework for people new-ish to development.

Then we get the big client-side frameworks like Angular and React. I would save those for last. Get to the point where you can comfortably build out an API, then worry about frameworks that can handle all the data coming in. jQuery works fine for small to mid-sized applications.