Help with my Tribute page test problem

Hey all,

I am just about to finish up my tribute page after creating and editing it in my local environment. However, I cant seem to get the responsive img test to pass. Here is my code pen https://codepen.io/rjhern37/pen/YzVVVrM?editors=1100

If someone can offer some advice or tips or tricks as to how to solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
R

When I look at the failing test message:

1. The element should responsively resize, relative to the width of its parent element, without exceeding its original size.

Try using the “max-width” style property : expected ‘none’ to not equal ‘none’ AssertionError: Try using the “max-width” style property : expected ‘none’ to not equal ‘none’

Did you try that, setting the max-width property of the image? I see that you are doing it to the div that contains the img, but that is not the same thing - you need to apply that to the img itself. In this case, you can either do it by targeting the element or the id.

When I do that, your page passes all the tests for me.

And as a note, you don’t have to duplicate exactly example for these projects, you were welcome to make your own tribute. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with what you’ve done, I’m just pointing out that you have some freedom here - just pass the tests, be functionally equivalent, and look reasonably good - that’s what we’re shooting for.

1 Like

Thank you!
I’ll admit I was a bit frustrated earlier cause I was trying to read the error message but something just didn’t click for me :man_facepalming:

I did notice that when I searched for help with this problem that others before me have created tribute pages of other people. I guess I took the part of recreation a bit too literal :sweat_smile:

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.