Help with the tribute page project

Hi, this is my first post here so if i messed up anything let me know.

I cant seem to pass the 7th step of this project, the one with the “link-tribute” id. Everything seems fine but i probably messed up my code somewhere . There’s a link to my code if anyone wants to check it out.

Thanks in advance for any feedback :slight_smile:
Project’s Code

Welcome to the forums @Soma95.

When tests fail you can click on the red button. That will show you what the test was looking for and give you information on how to correct it.
In this case the failing message says;
I should see an <a> element with a corresponding id="tribute-link", which links to an outside site that contains additional information about the subject of the tribute page.
HINT: You must give your element an attribute of target and set it to "_blank" in order for your link to open in a new tab (i.e. target="_blank").

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi, yeah i read that, i did as i was told but there still seem to be some kind of error on my part. Can u check my code? It’s literally the last line of code i wrote that is making me go crazy

for a link you must type href=“bla bla bla” not href:“bla bla bla”
change this : to this = :grinning:

Holy moly thanks a lot, I knew there was something wrong in my code but i couldn’t get what it was no matter how much i looked at it.