User Story #7 build a tribute page

Tell us what’s happening:
When I run my test I have passed 9/10 for this project. I am receiving the error code below and I don’t know what to do.

" I should see an element with a corresponding id=“tribute-link”, which links to an outside site that contains additional information about the subject of the tribute page. HINT: You must give your element an attribute of target and set it to “_blank” in order for your link to open in a new tab (i.e. target="_blank")."

Your code so farScreen Shot 2021-11-18 at 3.27.48 PM

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/95.0.4638.69 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Screenshots are not helpful. It’s best to give a link to your pen.

As you can see from the failing message it’s looking o see that your target attribute is set to "_blank" and it looks as if you may have done that but do you also have another a element with an id of ‘tribute-link’?

Ok sorry about that. This is the only a element I have with the id of “tribute-link”.

https://codepen.io/delatnie/pen/vYJQdLO

No worries…I see all tests are passing so you figured out whatever the issue was. Good job.

I know you didn’t ask for feedback but since I noticed some things while looking at your code I’ll say to run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.

On a side note, don’t try and replicate the sample projects. They show one way the project can be done. The instructions say to make yours “functionally similar” and “give it your own personal style”.
I’m not saying do this one over. Just have fun with the next ones.

Thanks for the tip! I need a little guidance so I may have relied on the sample project too much but I will be more creative with the rest.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.