Hey Everyone Newcomer

Hello everyone just wanted to say I’m sorry for any grammar mistakes that you come across. I just wanted to put myself out there and see if there were any newcomers like me that wanted to maybe team up get a group going to try and stay motived. I just finished my first Codepen assignment it looks bad lol. I know I have a lot to work on but I’m eager to learn. I will post my tribute so everyone can take a look and know that you’re not the only one struggling at this time. Oh yeah by the way my name is John I live in Dallas, Texas so if you want to meet up just let me know.

https://codepen.io/wilkins2john/pen/RxQzbw My tribute was to my girlfriend

6 Likes

Hey Wilkins,

Welcome to the community. That is a nice tribute.

The next thing you might want to do though is separate out your CSS from the HTML as this is a bit more ‘standard’ than the inline style you are using. Not in Texas myself, but I’m sure you’ll find someone to partner up with especially if you check the FCC Facebook group under ‘Community’.

Best.

• A
1 Like

Okay thanks for the advice and the reply. Again I’m new but I think I know what you’re saying. I’m still use to coding the way they had it set up when I learned “Hello World”. :+1:

Oh no, I mean you totally understand the concept of styling. I just think best practice is ‘content, style, code’-- Or at least until you get into React and then they mash it all up again ! :smiley: Keep up the good work though.

1 Like

Hey John,

Great job on the tribute page! It is simple and, most importantly, it gets the job done.
Glad that you are eager to learn. Remember to be patient with yourself and the learning process.
Keep trying. Break problems down into smaller chunks. Explore what interests you and
build projects.

Welcome to the FCC community! Enjoy your stay here!

Daniel

1 Like

Your tribute is really good. I forked it so that I could show you what @abalducci meant about separating the css from the html: https://codepen.io/r1chard5mith/pen/QamVwx

I removed the bullets from your list (list-style: none) and added some space around the wide text box that you have. You might want to play around with adding more space around things - I’m not much of a designer but things look better with more space around them and if text is too wide, it gets hard to read comfortably.

Well done on making such a great start.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the freeCodeCamp forum! We hope you find some great discussion here. While we love to hear from all of our new campers, the number of people who join every day means that a new thread for each camper would crowd out all of the other topics. Normally, I would unlist your topic, but you seem to be getting good feedback about your project so I moved it to the feedback forum.

Noted thank you and I will do a better job of posting in the right section from now on.

Thank you @r1chard5mith I was trying to figure out how to do that. I could find the lesson. I would like to figure out why my bullets weren’t next to my text though. I’m going to keep working on the tribute as well.

I changed my fork to show you how to put the bullets next to the text: https://codepen.io/r1chard5mith/pen/QamVwx

(Note that I don’t go around remembering css properties like “list-style-position: inside;”, I just know how to look them up quickly)