Hey UX people, show me the way!

Hey UX people, show me the way!
0.0 0

I’ve been pushing to be more involved in the development team/development decisions at work despite not yet holding the title of “Web Developer”.

My company is doing a square one rewrite of our application across the entire stack. I’ve been tasked with helping make large scale UI/UX decisions.

The only thing I really know about UX is “oh that looks nice” or “I know this one application I use and I really like the way it does X”. I do own and have read “Don’t Make Me Think” by Steve Krug, but that’s been a few years ago. I figure I should re-read that ASAP.

Any other recommendations on books/courses/other resources that are helpful in getting a basic grasp of UX?

Thank you @P1xt. I am checking it out!

I recently went for an informal chat at a leading UX company- their top reading list suggestion was [Undercover User Experience Design] (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0321719905/ref=s9_simh_gw_g14_i2_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=MHBW7FZX7DQ7XN6CH1NW&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=16f14aeb-bd11-4e9e-8c26-9ca0139074ee&pf_rd_i=desktop), the two Steve Krug books, Ogilvy - a tough but good read I’m told.

Also, they said to test as much as possible. I’m super keen to get into this area, so if you want to chat through stuff anytime give me a message!