Hi please i need some help here. It says i should give a 1px, solid border with a color of #0a0a23... where did i go wrong pls?

input,textarea {
  background-color: #0a0a23;
  border: 1px, solid;
  color: #0a0a23;
}

You’ll need to let us know which project and step this is on.

ohh okay… that’s step 53
Learn Html by building a registration form

This one isn’t quite right. There should be no comma in the value. And you need to include the color at the very end of the border property, not as a separate color property.

still kinda confused :confused:
you said the color property’s supposed to come at the very end of the border property… something like this?

input, textarea {
border: 1px, solid; color: #0a0a23
}

OR

input, textarea{
border: 1px, solid;
border-color: #0a0a23;
}

No, because you are still trying to make color an entire new property when it should be apart of the border. Every time you use ; in css you are pretty much saying that is the end of your property, and anything that comes after is the start of a new property

It seems you still need to understand the border syntax. Look at this and try again

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

thanks so much @Cody_Biggs for breaking it down … now i understand that the color was supposed to be part of the border property… just tried it and it passed…
thankss :pray: :innocent:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.