Hint You should wrap the a element around the existing text freeCodeCamp

Could somebody please help me? I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong and cannot find any other posts on this.

Hint: You should wrap the a element around the existing text freeCodeCamp.

My Code:

<link>
        <a href="https://freecodecamp.org">freeCodeCamp</a>
</link>

Hello. Unfortunately no one can see your code because you haven’t posted it.

Well I wrote the code out but it’s turned it into a link!

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Please post a link to the challenge you are on.

freeCodeCamp is the text

Thanks.
The instructions were:

Wrap a link around the text freeCodeCamp , and set its location to https://freecodecamp.org .

In HTML, a link is created with an anchor tag. Therefore I do not think the code is expecting you to use <link>

1 Like

I thought the hint was saying the text should be “freeCodeCamp.” (including a full stop). My mistake, but next time, say what step on what project it is in the original post to avoid confusion and having to fill everyone in later.

Thanks. This is all new to me. I’ve never posted in a forum on here before.

1 Like

Thank you! It works. I had also written that text out again when I was supposed to put that around the first line of the address!

I did the same when I started too.

If you click on the Ask For Help button inside the challenge page, you will be provided with a template which includes an automatically generated link to the challenge page, some info to help us understand your browser type, and also a section for you to write down what the question or concern is.

I only started the other day lol. I know there is a long way to go until I’m good at coding, but It feels great to be able to help people.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.