How to Get Navbar on Left of Screen in Technical Documentation Page? Unsure as Blind Person

Hi all. I’ve been working on this page, and so far, I’ve passed 15 out of 16 tests. All that’s left is getting the navbar to stay on the left half of the screen for laptops and desktops and remain stationary. I think I know how to get it to stay in one spot by using position: fixed, but I’m not sure about the rest. Would just adding a left offset of 0px do it? I think normally someone who can see would just play with this until they figured it out but that wouldn’t work for me. The link to my project is below.
FreeCodeCamp Technical Documentation Page Project - CodeSandbox

You need to open the project side like that:

@Living4God1991, all tests pass. In short, the failing message says On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen.
It further says Please run this test in a larger window (before any media queries).
It seems that codesandbox window is too narrow for the test to complete successfully.

The preview pane also has an “Open In New Window” button which will open the page in a new tab as a full page.

Not sure how easy it is to get to for you. If you give the preview page focus and tab backward the button should be the first focus item after the page itself.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.