Need Help with #14

https://codepen.io/solarhacker420/pen/mdmaZLQ

1. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn’t scroll with the page content.

I don’t see the nav bar on the left side of the page at any width. I think you just forgot to implement this requirement.

how do i change this? required can be in css?

As bbsmooth said the navbar should be on the left side of the screen where yours is at the top.
It also needs to be fixed in place so that it doesn’t move when you scroll down the screen. Do you remember the position tutorials…fixed,relative,absolute etc. Don’t hesitate to re read them if you can’t remember

ok ill check it out thanks for the help

i got it, just neeeded to add “fixed” to it

Adding fixed will get you through the test. But ideally you would divide the screen into 2 columns with nav on the left and the rest on the right. Then you would fix the nav in place so that it does not move.
Youtube has great tutorials on css and html. Net ninja is very good. CSS Grid is an awesome tool for doing things like this. Worth watching some tutorials on it. It will help for your next challenges

yeah your right i passed and now im trying to clean it up a bit, trying to figure out how to do that page divide like u were saying, i do watch alot of youtubers and finding ones i like.

Have you saved your codepen, because I’m showing that you still aren’t passing this test.

Also, as @jaydog noted, you can technically pass a test but still violate the spirit of it :slight_smile: The menu should run down the left side of the page and the content to the right of the menu.

i just resaved and yeah now that it’s passing im trying to work out the kinks

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.