How to make my own code editor

So as you should know, there is a night and day theme for freecodecamp. I want to make another theme from scratch and I can get pretty much everything down except for making the code editor. Do you have any tips on how to do that?

Thanks.

Youtube tutorials can help, and you probably need a lot of JS for it.

Okay. I know that already. Do you know if there’s a way to just embed one or something?

Hello there.

I do not understand your question, because the dark and light theme have little-to-nothing to do with making a code editor.

My tip for starting the process to learn to make a code editor is to complete the MarkDown Previewer project, as it involves the kind of pre-processing you would find in a text editor.

Hope this helps.

I meant that I would like to practice my skills on making another theme of freecodecamp challenge layouts from scratch.

I just don’t know how to make a code editor like the one that appears in the challenges.

So you’re interested in making a theme for the code editor, but you need the source code of the FFC code editor so you can add the CSS there to make the theme, right?

Yes. Exactly. I’ve tried inspecting all of it but I can’t seem to be able to find out how it was done.

You could ask an official.

Hello there.

If you are that interested, here is the main component: https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/blob/master/client/src/templates/Challenges/classic/Editor.js
You can follow the imports to see the general requirements.

Hope this helps

So I use jsdelivr to take that code as a library and apply it to my code?

I am not sure how that would work. I welcome you to try, but from what I can see, you would need to do a whole bunch of refactoring to just use that component.

Without knowing your intended outcome, setup, and workspace, there is not much more we can do to help.

Thank you for helping. I will try to make it.