How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Locally, I attempted to complete the first challenge in “How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package.” I added the author field correctly, but when I paste my localhost link, I still fail the test.

Your project link(s)

solution: http://localhost:3000

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

“localhost” is just that, a “local host”. It is a server that is running locally on your machine. The test cannot reach it because it is out on a different server and has no access to your local server. For the test to run, it needs access to your code running on a server out on the internet. Using replit is one of the easiest ways to do that. It is mentioned in the challenge description.

We can’t see your code, so that makes it impossible to help you. Either post, the code, a Github repo, or use Replit.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.