Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Hi so I just started the back end development and API’s and have no idea how to start on github or replit

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5112.81 Safari/537.36 Edg/104.0.1293.54

Challenge: Managing Packages with NPM - How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

You can start with replit, it’s the easier way. Create a replit account, follow the link in the sentence

So you get the starting code, and follow the instructions in the challenge page to continue writing the code.
To test, use the Run buttons. If you get errors, fix them, if you don’t get errors, a preview window will open. Take the url of that preview window, and submit that in the freecodecamp page, so that your code will be tested.

thanks, I’ve been stuck with this chapter but I’m slowly getting it. I’ll go into the link now

Another question… Once I’m in that link I have to do the first task which is to create the ‘author’ right. Am I supposed to do that in the package.json pdf? Because I think that’s where I’m going wrong.

sorry meant npm. i did make the change there and ran the test but there is no url that shows

npm run start

start
node server.js

Node.js listening on port 3000

(thats all that happens)

It worked now, I done the same thing since last night but it kept failing though

Did you pass or not?

If you need help you have to post your Replit link (post the link to the editor, not the live site URL).

I passed yes thanks, been busy with the rest of the work and only checked my notifications now.
It just took me some time to figure out how Replit works but now that I’ve got the hang of it, it’s pretty straight forward.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.