Html Suvey Form Project Help

I am just about finished with the final exam for the survey form. However, I keep failing User Story #13: “Inside the form element, I can select a field from one or more groups of radio buttons. Each group should be grouped using the name attribute”

I have tried multiple times and I’m honestly at a loss of what I’m doing wrong. I tried pasting my code in this post but it actually works as code and not plain text. Thus i included the link to the codepen im using for the exam. Please note I am well aware this is the absolute min requirements and it has no style or graphics. Thank you in advance for your help.

Can you please post a link to the assignment?

It should have linked in in my first post. Sorry new to the forums.

https://codepen.io/Gfregan3/pen/zmZpQm?editors=1000#

That’s the solution, you already added a link for that :slight_smile:
I don’t know what assignment you’re trying to do, can you post a link to that?

I’m working on the Survey Form Project. As i said I keep failing #13.

Ah clear now :slight_smile:

So I got the following errors:

All your radio-buttons must have a value attribute : expected 2 to equal 0

Did you see that error?
Did you understand this error?
I think you know what a value attribute is, right?
See here for some more info on radio buttons and their attributes: <input type="radio"> - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

When I fixed that I got the following error:

Every radio-button group should have at least 2 radio buttons : expected 1 to be at least 2

In the same documentation above (<input type="radio"> - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN) they describe how to create a “group” of radio buttons, including an example.
If you read that I think you can solve it.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for the responce. I honestly just didn’t understand the error text. For some reason I couldn’t process that they wanted me to add a value attribute not a name to my buttons. Thank you so much, the simple things always get me.

The “oh I didn’t read the error correctly” or “oh I didn’t understand the error correctly” both sound very familiar to me :slight_smile: unfortunately :smiley:

You live you learn. Good luck on your journey!