Https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/#learn-intermediate-css-by-building-a-picasso-painting

Instructions say " Set the position property for the back-wall element to absolute."
I entered “#back-wall {
position: absolute;
}”
I get following response: " Your #back-wall selector should have the position property set to absolute."
What am I not seeing?

we cannot guess what you are not seeing as unfortunately we can neither see your code nor can we see the question you are currently attempting.

Please post the code in full and a link to the challenge.

The link to the challenge is in the title. https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-intermediate-css-by-building-a-picasso-painting/step-9 Why is the position: absolute not being accepted?

i mean, it is up to you to take the advice or not. The title is not a clickable object. So you are asking someone to take the time to figure out what you’re saying and look up the challenge rather than just posting the link and the code you wrote (in full).
There’s also a button called “Ask For Help” that does all of this for you normally (unless the code is too big in which case we ask you to manually paste it into a code-block).
Anyway, that’s my 2 cents. Feel free to ignore.

I am not trying to ignore your 2 cents. I’m trying to provide the information you requested. The exact page is https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-intermediate-css-by-building-a-picasso-painting/step-9. The code I wrote
#back-wall {
}
should have satisfied the requirement " Set the position property for the back-wall element to absolute."

Please explain if I am not providing enough information to request assistance.

BTW, there seems to be no “Ask for help” button on this page.

if you click on the check button a few times (3 i think), the button pops up to allow “Ask for Help”
(Just a feature I guess)

try clicking on the Check button after you type this in.
It will give you a hint (you will need 2 more lines of code, one for setting the top and one for setting the left position)

I enter
#back-wall {
top: 0;
left: 0;
}
I get the hint: Hint

Your #back-wall selector should have the position property set to absolute.

This is the issue I’m having.

in my version of the curriculum, I only needed 3 lines of code.
(not 5)
Do you see #back-wall is already defined in an area somewhere above the point at which you started this exercise?

Jeez, I missed that. I am so sorry to have wasted your time. Thank you for putting up with my lack of attention to detail. II will try to do better in the future. Again, thank you very much for the assistance.

no worries. I do this because I want to…(no one is making me) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If I’m ever able to return the favor, please just ask.