I am currently stumped on my tribute link href atribute and target _blank,I must be overlooking something miniscule,can anyone help? Thank you!

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE>
<main>
<html>
<head>
<style>
#title {
background-color:lightgray;
color:;
padding:;
text-align:center;
font-family:;
}
</style>

<style>
#h2 {
background-color:;
}
</style>
</head>

<style>
#image {
margin:auto;
height:auto;
max-width:100%;
display: block;
}
</style>

<style>
#image-div {
}
</style>

<style>
#img-caption {
}
</style>

<style>
#tribute-info {
}
</style>

<style>
#tribute-link {
}
</style>

<main id=main>

<div id=img-div>

<image id=image>

<div id=img-caption>

<tribute-info id=tribute-info>

<a id=tribute-link>

<body>
<h1 id=title>Dr. Norman Borlaug</h1>

<h2 id=h2><em>The man who saved a billion lives</em></h2>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">

<a id=tribute-link href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug" target="_blank"> Visit Memorial Page </a> 

</body>
</html>
</main>
/* file: styles.css */

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Some of your HTML markup exists outside the body tag. Why is that? According to the exercise,

-you should have an element with an id of title (which you have), you need a div with an id of img-div. You created this, but outside the body tag.

-You want to make sure that the div is inside the body, and it is enclosing an image.

-That image should have an id of image. The image should be centered within its parent (which is the div), and should have max height and width properties.

-Still in the div tag with id of img-div, you should create an element, (h1, or p or whichever others you prefer), and give it an id of img-caption. This element is supposed to describe your image.

-Also, you can include all your CSS styles inside a single pair of style tags. No need to create multiple style tags for each element you want to style.

1 Like

Thank you so much!,I have been learning web development since may but I took a little break,seeing as my formatting may look strange it is mainly because of that,I am getting back into the swing of things however,thank you again!

1 Like

Update! I have indeed fixed my problem,it was very simple,thank you so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.