I am not getting what to do ahead it says Your h2 element should be below the main element's opening tag and its opening tag should start 6 spaces over from th

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**

<html>
 <body>
   <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
   <main>
   <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
<!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->
<p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>

</main>
 </body>
</html>
   **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.67 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 6

Link to the challenge:

Blockquote

I think it wants you to indent the h2 element by one.
Instead of :

<main>
<h2>Cat Photos</h2>

Go to the beginning of the first bracket on your h2 element and hit your tab button.
You should get :

<main>
   <h2>Cat Photos</h2>

Hello @jamalibadrul,

So, when we’re writing a lot of codes on a document we try to keep our elements inside our document tidy.
Why? → To make them easy to read and understand what happens inside the code.

So i will create a main element and try to understand where it starts and where it ends. Anything between the <main> and </main> tags are the children of the main elements which means they’re placed in between the opening main and closing main tags.

<main>
<p> Some text </p>
<p> Some text </p>
<p> Some text </p>
<p> Some text </p>
<span> Some text </span>
<span> Some text </span>
<span> Some text </span>
<span> Some text </span>
<span> Some text </span>
</main>

The code above is not tidy enough because it is hard to understand where the main element starts and ends.

<main>
   <p> Some text </p>
   <p> Some text </p>
   <p> Some text </p>
   <p> Some text </p>
   <span> Some text </span>
   <span> Some text </span>
   <span> Some text </span>
   <span> Some text </span>
   <span> Some text </span>
</main>

The code above is easy to ready because i can easily understand where main element starts and ends. I gave all my element inside my main element three spaces before i write them.

Basically, at this step freeCodeCamp try to teach you how to keep your codes more readable.

Read the instructions again and give it another try after reading this. I think you will be able to do it in the first or second try.

1 Like