I am stuck on how to comment out html

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>
<!Hello World>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<!Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet >

What is your question?

A text within <!–any text here–> is a comment. You need do so that your h2 was the comment but h1 and p tags aren’t.

HI Frank
i’m stuck on this task .
The question is : Leave your h2 element uncommented so that it is visible on your page.

Comment out your h1 element and your p element, but not your h2 element.
It means h2 will be a comment but h1,p will not.
Another words h2 within comment signs but h2 , p outside of
For example:
<!-- Hi , I’m H2 comment -->
<p> Hi, I’m P tag and I’m uncommented< /p>

Okay thank you Frank I appreciate it your help .

Have we solved your issue? If you have another question feel free to ask;)

Not yet but i’m gonna try right now .

Ok Stay tuned. Let me know if everything done good.

Hey Frank can you give me a example here on my task where i was stuck i’m new in the coding i started today so i don’t understand the example that you give to me. Can you explain that here on my task that i have:

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>
<!Hello World>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<!Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet >

I can’t correct your code at the task.
But what I can to do is explain you how comments work.
Multiline comments start with <!– exclamation point with two dashes and end with –> two dashes.
All text you’ll write between this two sighns will be a comment.
For exmaple:

<!-- Here is my comment -->

And you can type comment everywhere in your code.

In this task you need to put h2 tag with open tag <h2> and close tag < /h2> with a text inside of it within the signs above.

But your h1,p tags need be outside the signs.

I hope you get it. If you don’t you always can return to the preview task when you’ll get an explanation about comments in HTML.

Or you can read W3C article HTML Comments.

Okay . i’m not give up i"m gonna keep trying Thanks mate .

First of all - relax. It’s ok to stuck sometimes. Don’t give up. Try to search new information and try different variations of code. When it worked (It always will) just try to understand why is it work.

Have a nice code.

ok. Thank you sir for your help.

Yes that’s right i’m gonna find the solution its just mater of time. One more time thank you for your help спасибо .

1 Like

im still lost im only 15 and this is my first time doing this kind of stuff