I built my professional website, now what?

The issue I’m having is hosting my website. I have a repository for it. It’s full responsive. But where can I host it?
I’ve published sites previously with gh-pages. But now that’s not working for me. I can’t seem to figure it out. Apparently I need a template. Well, I don’t want to use the template.
Where are some sites I can host for free?

Hey there,

What does that mean?
Do you have some technical issues?

You can use Netlify and Vercel for free for small websites.

1 Like

Yes, I am having technical issues. GitHub pages will not load my web site files.
I have followed the steps. When I click the link for where my site is to be hosted with gh-pages i get a 404 error.
I think I’ll just deleted the repository and start over.

Hello!
Can you follow example as shown in FCC youtube video called “How to Put a Website Online: Template, Coding, Domain, Hosting, and DNS”?
I found it very helpful.

1 Like

do you have an index.html file?

yes, I have an index.html file. I used an HTML 5 boiler plate for my starter code. So I have everything, I
think.

You just have to absolutely must select a template when hosing with gh-pages.
here’s the finished product:

Maybe it’s a new thing… my page since a few months ago is up and running without a theme

1 Like

that’s what I’m thinking too. I have hosted previous pages with out a theme and now it has changed. Also, when I push my repository changes after a commit, it is now just $ git push and not $ git push origin master. Do you know of any resource to stay up to date with GitHub changes?

1 Like

Did the theme pick the font colors and background? Because some of the combinations don’t have enough contrast to be readable.

No, the theme made no changes that I can see to my web site.

here I would say:

you may also notice that the default repository has changed from “master” to “main”

2 Likes

I did notice that as well. Thank you